We are delighted that The Arts Society West Essex and the Copped Hall Trust have joined together to create a Wildlife Art competition for school children in Years 5 and 6, as part of the Epping Forest Festival.
All entrants will receive a certificate and there are prizes for first, second and third of £20, £15 and £10. The winning entries and a selection of others will be displayed digitally on the Epping Forest Festival and Copped Hall websites.
1) The entry is on an A4 size paper with the name of the school and student clearly written at the bottom. Should the student not wish to be identified, the image will be cropped to remove their name prior to public display.
2) The entry may be painted, drawn, coloured or black and white.
3) This competition is open to students in Years 5 and 6.
4) The entry must include an image of wildlife that is to be found at Copped Hall, this includes mammals, birds, insects and invertebrates. Useful websites include, but are not limited to the Essex Wildlife Trust at www.essexwt.org.uk, Google Images and the Copped Hall Trust website.
6) Closing date for entries is 26th February 2021.
7) Winners will be announced on 12th March 2021. 8) Entry is free!! This is a great opportunity for children at school age to participate in a local initiative and hopefully remind you of the fantastic resource Copped Hall is even though we are currently unable to open to the public or run our Education days. Look out for our new Natural History section; coming soon on the Copped Hall website.