The Priory Garden (or Dutch Garden) was created in 1895-7 by the building of a screen wall, loggia and kiosk to the east and the glazed corridor linking the house to the Winter Garden to the west. The glazed corridor and loggia were removed around 1950. The Garden was then used as a pig sty, as the above pre-restoration picture from the 1980s shows. The recovery of a number of the original columns permitted a partial rebuilding of the loggia in 2013, and a new grant in 2019 also from the Essex Heritage Trust will now allow the remaining section to be completed. It is hoped that this, together with the Intermediate restoration of the Winter Garden, will provide a new and interesting feature for our visitors.